Forskningsleder (professor), Dr.philos.
Øystein Kravdal is professor of demography at the Department of Economics, University of Oslo, since 1994. Since 2009 he has also worked at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. His main research interest is how socio-economic resources influence and are influenced by fertility and family behaviour, and how all these factors are associated with health and mortality. Most of his work has been based on register or survey data from Norway, but he has also done research on fertility and child mortality in India and sub-Saharan Africa. His papers have been published in demography, sociology, epidemiology and cancer journals. Kravdal was co-editor of Population Studies from 2004 to 2013, and has been a member of the Editorial Board of the European Journal of Population since 2001. He was member of the Council of the International union for the Scientific Study of Population from 2014 to 2017.
Prosjekter og publikasjoner
- Foreldreskap, barnløshet og psykisk helse i tider med fallende fruktbarhet
- Health Gap: Helse, modning og kjønnsforskjeller i skoleprestasjoner
- Lost in Transition? Sosiale og helsemessige konsekvenser av ikke-optimale overganger i utdanningssystemet
- Menns risikofaktorer for uønsket svangerskapsutfall
- Reproduksjon, samlivsbrudd og helse
- Sykdom i familien: En registerstudie av kortsiktige og langsiktige effekter av alvorlig sykdom på familiemedlemmer