Get alerts of updates about «Global health»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Oops, something went wrong...
... contact email@example.com.
... reload the page and try again-
Working together to address global health challenges
Through our work in Global Health, we contribute knowledge and expertise to solve public health challenges together with partners in neighboring countries, low and middle income countries and the wider global health community. Our overarching goals are aligned with the WHO’s work programme for 2019−2023.
Our work involves research, summarising evidence, sharing knowledge and engaging in technical collaboration, and coordinating cooperation under the Europe Economic Agreement (EEA). We engage in global level activities, networks and build long term bilateral cooperation with sister institutions on topics such as:
- Epidemic preparedness and infectious disease control including One health, diagnostics and vaccines
- Digital health solutions and health registries
- Environmental hazards and climate change
- Methodology for estimating burden of disease
- Systematic reviews of research and health technology assessments
- Drug statistics methodology and access to medicines
- Non-communicable diseases including mental health
- Institutionalising public health functions and organisational development
Through our global collaborative efforts, we aim to contribute to achieving the targets set by the UN Sustainable Development Goals for 2030.
We cooperate with national and international partners and health authorities and work closely with, and receive funding from the Norwegian agency for development cooperation (NORAD). We also receive funding from competitive research grants from national and international sources.