Get alerts of updates about «The BIS program in global and regional networks»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
The Building Stronger Public Health Institutions and Systems (BIS) Program in global and regional networks
Skip to content on this page
Aims of the BIS Collaboration
The team supporting global and regional initiatives have three workstreams:
- Collaboration with the International Association of National Public Health Institutes (IANPHI) to develop a portfolio of activities, in line with IANPHI’s strategy and in support of LMICs.
- Collaboration with the Africa CDC by: 1) supporting the development of Africa CDC’s Health Economics Unit (HEU) and 2) secondment of a NIPH personnel to support capacity building in varied public health topics and themes expressed through Joint Action Plans.
- Collaboration with the World Health Organization with 1) the development and use of global instruments/tools across multiple focus areas, including systematic reviews and guideline development, 2) Global Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of non-communicable diseases (NCDs), 3) tools and training materials to support individual-level data use, in partnership with the University of Oslo.
History of Collaboration
This program builds upon NIPH’s engagement in global work for more than a decade by contributing to knowledge production and expertise to solve public health challenges with partners in neighboring countries, LMICs and the wider global health community. More information on NIPH’s work in global health collaborations is found under that theme page on fhi.no.
NIPH Collaborative Team
- NIPH Global Activities Coordinator: Benedikte Alveberg
- BIS Project Management Support: Tara Kelly Dolgner
- Expert Technical Support: Sonja Myhre, Frode Forland, Lumbwe Chola, Kjersti Mørkrid Blom-Bakke, Frederik Frøen