Get alerts of updates about «Closed loop medication»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
About this publication
The Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services was commissioned by the Norwegian Directorate of Health to perform a systematic search for studies evaluating the effect of closed loop medication in hospital or institution.
We designed and carried out a systematic litterature search in relevant electronic databases for systematic reviews and primary research. The search was finalised in October 2015. Two researchers independently reviewed all references for potential relevance based on our inclusion criteria.
Our reserach identified 3280 unique references. We judged that 124 of them are potentially relevant to the question of closed loop medication in hospitals.
We judged 45 review articles as potentially relevant, we sorted them into the following categories:
- Decision support and order set (10)
- Electronic prescribing(11)
- Electronic alert systems (3)
- Tracking systems and barcode (4)
- Several interventions to reduce errors (8)
- Generally about health information technology (9)
We judged 79 primary studies as potentially relevant, we sorted them into the following categories:
- Decision support, reminders and order set (20)
- Electronic prescribing (29)
- Electronic alert systems (17)
- Automated dispensing and barcode (8)
- Medication reconsiliation (3)
- Closed loop medication (2)