Drug Consumption in Norway 2012-2016
The figures presented in this report include the total sales of drugs authorised for use in Norway.
- Year: March 2017
- By: Norwegian Institute of Public Health
Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) classification
Drug statistics based in sale from wholesalers are important basis for medical and health economic assements. The statistics can be used to:
- survey consumption, and hence therapy, on different levels and during time
- measure the effect of legislative changes and informational efforts
- define needs for further investigation of drug therapy traditions
The following limitations should however be kept in mind when using the statistics:
- all medicaments sold from the wholesalers are not necessarily consumed
- sales intended for use in general practice and institutions are not treated separately in this report’s statistical material.
A special publication concerning medicines consumption, Medicines Consumption in the Nordic Countries 2004-2008, was published in 2010. The publications can be ordered from the Nordic MedicoStatistical Committee (Artillerivej 5, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark), or from the website: www.nowbase.org. Figures for 2015 are published in the Health statistics in the Nordic countries 2016, also available from the website.
- Related articles