Get alerts of updates about «Drug Consumption in Norway 2012-2016»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
About this publication
Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) classification
Drug statistics based in sale from wholesalers are important basis for medical and health economic assements. The statistics can be used to:
- survey consumption, and hence therapy, on different levels and during time
- measure the effect of legislative changes and informational efforts
- define needs for further investigation of drug therapy traditions
The following limitations should however be kept in mind when using the statistics:
- all medicaments sold from the wholesalers are not necessarily consumed
- sales intended for use in general practice and institutions are not treated separately in this report’s statistical material.
A special publication concerning medicines consumption, Medicines Consumption in the Nordic Countries 2004-2008, was published in 2010. The publications can be ordered from the Nordic MedicoStatistical Committee (Artillerivej 5, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark), or from the website: www.nowbase.org. Figures for 2015 are published in the Health statistics in the Nordic countries 2016, also available from the website.