The Norwegian Directorate of Health commissioned The Knowledge Centre in the Norwegian Institute of Public Health to do a systematic search for systematic reviews and sorting of any possibly relevant abstracts on gender differences in effects and adverse events of drugs.
We searched for published and ongoing systematic reviews in several electronic databases from 2011 until June 2016. Two researchers independently identified possibly relevant references and evaluated relevance according to the inclusion criteria.
- We identified 4415 references. Of these, 103 were possibly relevant.
- We sorted the references according to diagnosis and type of medication. We sorted the references into these groups:
- Diabetes (5)
- Cardiovascular diseases (33)
- Antithrombotics (8)
- Antiplatelet drugs (9)
- Lipid-lowering medications (11)
- Other drugs for cardiovascular diseases (5)
- Cancer (14)
- Psychological diseases and addiction (20)
- Antidepressants (10)
- Other psychiatric medication (10)
- Pain/sedation (4)
- Nicotine addiction (9)
- Other diseases (18)