Editors and contributors
The editorial team for Indicators for Non-Communicable Diseases is comprised of representatives from eight institutions in Norway.
The National NCD Indicator Group forms the editorial team. The group was established as a result of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health being commissioned by the Ministry of Health and Care Services in 2016 to develop national NCD indicators in collaboration with the Norwegian Directorate of Health. The work is connected to reporting on the global and national NCD strategy.
The following are part of the National NCD Indicator Group:
- The Cancer Registry of Norway: Inger Kristin Larsen from the Incidence Registry and Sara Kristine Hverven from the Cervical Cancer Screening Programme,
- The Arctic University of Norway and the Tromsø Study: Sameline Grimsgaard and Laila Hopstock University of Tromsø,
- The Norwegian School of Sport Sciences, Department of Sports Medicine: Sigmund Alfred Anderssen and Ulf Ekelund,
- The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and the Health Survey in Nord Trøndelag (HUNT): Steinar Krokstad and Erik Sund,
- University of Bergen, Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care: Gerhard Sulo,
- The National Register for Patients with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (the COPD Register)
- The Norwegian Directorate of Health: Astrid Nylenna and Inger Johanne Bakken,
- The Norwegian Institute of Public Health: Inger Ariansen, Geir Scott Brunborg, Hanne Løvdal Gulseth, Haakon Meyer, Kjersti Nerhus, Wenche Nystad, Tord Finne Vedøy and Anne Reneflot,
- The NCD Alliance has a user role in the National NCD Indicator group. The alliance consists of the Norwegian Diabetes Association, the Norwegian Cancer Society, the Norwegian Heart and Lung Association, the Norwegian Health Association and the Council for Mental Health.