Get alerts of updates about «Social mission»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Social mission of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health is a national competence institution in the following areas:
- infectious disease control
- physical and mental health
- environmental factors, substance abuse, tobacco, nutrition, physical activity and other factors that affects health status and inequality
- health-promoting and preventive measures in the population
- global health
The vision of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health is better health for all. We have three main tasks: we provide knowledge, emergency preparedness and infrastructure to protect life and improve public health.
Some key facts
- Established in January 2002.
- 866 man-years as of 31.12.2018.
- Annual budget in 2018: 1.737 billion Norwegian Kroner. This includes:
- Purchase, storage and distribution of vaccines in the Childhood Immunisation Programme and for emergency preparedness
- Sales income
- Project funding
- External research grants obtained via national and international competition