The World Obesity Federation
- The World Obesity Federation Atlas of Childhood Obesity presents data for every country based on their current and predicted levels of obesity in children, the risk factors and the presence of government policies to tackle obesity.
- The Global Obesity Observatory is an interactive tool showing obesity prevalence worldwide and by education, age, region and more. The database contains data on the drivers, impact and actions being taken to prevent and manage obesity.
- The World Obesity Federation Policy Dossier on Childhood Obesity Treatment provides up-to-date evidence (including case studies & government guidelines) to help policymakers, NGOs and others when implementing relevant policies in their country.
- The World Obesity Federation Webinar presents recommendations and considerations for childhood obesity treatment, alongside emerging interventions to treat childhood obesity.
- The World Obesity Federation Strategic Centre for Obesity Professional Education (SCOPE), the only internationally-recognized certification in obesity management, has a series of free e-learning modules, alongside a learning path focusing on ‘Childhood Obesity: From Diagnosis to Treatment’.
The World Health Organisation
Recommendations & Reports:
- Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases
- Final Report of the Commission on Ending Childhood Obesity
- Fiscal Policies for Diet and Prevention of Noncommunicable Diseases
- Global Recommendations on Physical Activity for Health
- Marketing of foods and non-alcoholic beverages to children
- Commission on Ending Childhood Obesity (ECHO) - Facts and figures on childhood obesity
- Fact sheet on obesity and overweight
Global Strategies and Action Plans:
- Population-based approaches to childhood obesity prevention
- Global Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of NCDs 2013-2020
European action plans
- World Health Organization - European Food and Nutrition Action Plan 2015-2020
- European Commission - EU Action Plan on Childhood Obesity 2014-2020
- UK Department of Health and Social Care – Childhood Obesity: a plan for action
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Childhood Overweight and Obesity
- Canada - The Canadian Childhood Obesity Foundation
- Europe - Mapping and zooming in on childhood obesity (report from the European Commission)
- Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland - Safe food factsheet and infographic on childhood obesity
- Australia – Eat for Health, Australian Dietary Guidelines
Resources regarding clinical guidance
- UK - NICE guidance on weight management in children and young people
- UK - NICE guidance on obesity prevention in children and young people
- UK - NICE guidance on physical activity in children and young people
- Australia – Clinical practice guidelines for the management of overweight and obesity in adults, adolescents and children in Australia
Policy related reports and resources
- World Cancer Research Fund International report on 'obesity and the law'
- World Cancer Research Fund International NOURISHING database of polices to promote healthy diets & reduce obesity
- World Cancer Research Fund International lessons on implementing evidence informed nutrition policy
- Institute of Medicine report on evaluating obesity
- UKHF report on the use of food taxes
Reports related to youth involvement
- UN World Youth Reports
- EU Youth Report 2015
- European Youth: Participation in Democratic Life
- World Health Organization – Engaging Young People for Health and Sustainable Development
- The World Obesity Federation’s image bank
- IFB Adiposity Diseases
- UConn Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity Media Gallery
- Obesity Canada Image Bank
- Obesity Action Coalition Image Gallery
Please note that these are external links; the CO-CREATE project accepts no responsibility for the content of these sites.
|This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme (Work Programme 2016-2017: Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy) under grant agreement No 774210|