Get alerts of updates about «About CO-CREATE»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Skip to content on this page
What is CO-CREATE
CO-CREATE is a large project funded by the European Unions’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme as part of the response to tackle the childhood obesity epidemic.
Over a 5-year period (2018-2023), CO-CREATE aims to reduce the prevalence of obesity among adolescents in Europe through policy actions to promote a healthier food and physical activity environment.
CO-CREATE’s vision is that before 2025, the rise in adolescent obesity will have come to a halt. By focusing on upstream factors and context change instead of on individual behaviour change, CO-CREATE will generate sustainable impacts that contribute to narrowing inequalities.
The project will provide a model for how to involve young people and the range of relevant stakeholders by explicitly politicizing the issue of obesity, by providing specific obesity-related policy proposals, and by designing and testing advocacy tools and strategies for implementation and evaluation.
CO-CREATE will contribute to the evidence and infrastructure for local and national policy changes to make healthy choices the easiest, most appealing and preferred choices for adolescents across Europe, and therefore reduce the burden of obesity and related non-communicable diseases (NCDs), both now and in the future.
CO-CREATE will provide:
- Adolescent-developed policies and priorities for obesity prevention
- Monitoring tools for obesity and energy-balance related-behaviours policies
- Obesity systems maps from multiple sets of representative stakeholders in different contextual settings
- Youth Alliances for Obesity Prevention Policy organization protocols
- Protocols & toolkits for EAT youth dialogues and dialogue with food industry and policymakers
- Dissemination materials & websites
- System dynamic models for assessment and prediction of impact of energy-balance related-behaviours and obesity relevant policy measures
Project organisation and work
CO-CREATE is coordinated by Knut-Inge Klepp (Norwegian Institute of Public Health). Our work is organized in ten work packages, each with their designated responsibilities and deliverables.
Read more about the project work here.
Who are CO-CREATE
To achieve the objectives of CO-CREATE we have on board a solid team of partner institutions, personnel and advisers, all with leading expertise within their respective fields.
Read more about the project team here.