The Norwegian contact point for the Health Programme is the Norwegian Directorate of Health.
- Health Programme at the Directorate General for Health and Consumer Affairs (CHAFEA)
- Norwegian contact for the Health Programme: Janicke Fischer
EU 3rd Health Programme 2014 – 2020
The 3rd Health Programme has 4 overarching objectives:
- Promote health, prevent diseases and foster supportive environments for healthy lifestyles taking into account the 'health in all policies' principle
- Protect Union citizens from serious cross-border health threats
- Contribute to innovative, efficient and sustainable health systems
- Facilitate access to better and safer healthcare for Union citizens
Having identified 23 thematic priorities, the programme co-finances three types of different actions: projects, joint actions and operation grants.
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health participates in one project funded by HP3 which is based on co-operation between several countries.
Joint actions are common measures carried out by the European Commission and one or more Member States, or by the EU and the health authorities in the countries participating in the Health Programme. In 2015, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health participated in five joint actions; EHES, EUROCAT, QUANDHIP, MH-WB and EMERGE.
In addition, the EU can provide operational funding to organisations whose primary role is to promote health initiatives that are in line with the Health Programme’s objectives.
The Health Programme also finances tender proposals.
- More about the 3rd Health Programme (European Commission website)
EU 2nd Health Programme 2008 – 2013
The Health Programme 2008 – 2013 co-financed European projects that have targeted initiatives within health safety, health promotion, health information and health knowledge.
The programme co-financed four different activities; grants for projects, joint actions, grants for conferences and operating grants.
By the end of the programme, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health had participated in four joint actions; EHES, EUROCAT, QUANDHIP and MH-WB.
- More about the 2nd Health Programme (European Commission website)