What are eRegistries?
We believe that better use of health information results in better decisions and, ultimately, in better health.
eRegistries are strategically designed to facilitate data use – through accurate and easily available clinical decision support for health care providers, personalised messages to pregnant women and automated analysis and reporting to public health officials. These built-in features ensure timely use of data by all those who need it.
What does that mean for healthcare providers?
- Easy access to medical records across the entire spectrum of care
- Access to medical records across all levels of health care facilities
- Clinical guideline support to improve decision making
- Data capture at the point of care to reduce duplicate reporting
What does that mean for public health officials and policy makers?
- Automated processing and analysis
- Consistent and timely receipt of reports
- Improved data quality and integrity
- Actionable and standardised health indicators
What does that mean for clients?
- Appointment reminders
- Personalised health messages during and after pregnancy
- Confidence that their medical history is accessible by health care providers as needed
An eRegistry is more than just collecting health data on computers and mobile phones; more than just a database of health information; and more than just a filing cabinet of medical records. An eRegistry ensures that critical data is always available to the person who needs it, when they need it.