Get alerts of updates about «Participation in EU’s Framework Programme»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Participation in EU’s Framework Programme
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health has participated in several framework programmes since the 1990s, and is currently taking part in projects funded through Horizon 2020, which is effectively the 8th framework programme although it does not bear the name.
The international research projects and activities are rooted within the departments at the institute where they thematically belong. Many of the departments participate in thematic programme areas in the 7th Framework Programme and several are active in the Horizon 2020 programme.
In 2015, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health is participating as a partner in 17 projects funded by the EU’s Framework Programmes.
Horizon 2020 is the largest EU Research and Innovation programme ever with nearly €80 billion of funding available over 7 years (2014 to 2020).
By combining research and innovation with an emphasis on excellent science, industrial leadership and societal challenges, the goal is to ensure that Europe produces world-class science, removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering innovation.
- More about Horizon 2020 (European Commission webpages)
Seventh Framework Programme (FP7)
The FP7 framework programme lasted from 2007 through 2013, with a total budget of approximately 54 billion euros. However, projects financed during the last year of the programme will continue into 2016 and 2017.
The funding was channelled through 4 main pillars:
- Co-operation: Research projects within 10 subject areas
- Ideas/ERC: The European Research Council funds ground-breaking basic research
- Marie Curie/ People: Mobility of researchers and career development across borders
- Capacities: Actions to expand Europe's research and innovation ability. It focuses on research infrastructures, SMEs, regional research-driven clusters and research potential of Convergence Regions and more.
- More about the FP7 programmes (FP7 website)