Get alerts of updates about «Join the SUPPORT-SYSTEMS/HIFA forum discussion on civil society participation in health policy»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Join the SUPPORT-SYSTEMS/HIFA forum discussion on civil society participation in health policy
One of the deliverables of the SUPPORT-SYSTEMS project will be a co-produced systematic review of qualitative studies on how civil society actors’ use of evidence contributes to inclusive and accountable decision-making for universal health coverage.
Co-production involves including stakeholders, such as patients, health care providers, health care administrators, policy makers and members of the public, in research and can take place throughout a project. It can be particularly useful at the earliest stages of a research project to help identify research questions.
We will use the HIFA (Healthcare Information For All) discussion forum to solicit views and experiences from stakeholders about four key questions:
- What does civil society participation in health policy mean and why is it important to have civil society participation?
- Have you ever participated, either through a civil society organization or as an individual, in health policy processes at a national or sub-national level? What was your experience?
- What do you think are the different types of evidence that civil society can provide, that otherwise would not be considered? What are the main drivers and barriers to update and use of such evidence?
- From your perspective, what are promising practices for creating greater space for civil society participation in health policy processes and for using evidence from civil society more effectively to improve health policymaking for UHC at national and global level?
The HIFA (Healthcare Information For All) is a discussion forum with over 20,000 members consisting of health professionals, civil society, policymakers, library and information professionals & publishers. It has been used for over a decade to share lived experiences and views on health care and health policy. The global discussion on HIFA will start on May 9 and run over 4 weeks.
You can participate in the discussion by:
- Joining HIFA
- Contribute by writing an email to email@example.com, using the subject: “SUPPORT-SYSTEMS: Civil society in health policy decisions”