Get alerts of updates about «What are eRegistries?»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Oops, something went wrong...
... contact email@example.com.
... reload the page and try again-
What are eRegistries?
We believe that better use of health information results in better decisions and ultimately better health.
eRegistries represents a design process that can be applied to any individual-level health information system. It is a systematic approach to identify users and stakeholders’ health information needs, and to address identified needs with evidence-based digital health interventions. We work mainly with the District Health Information Software version 2 (DHIS2), and their Tracker app for capturing individual-level data.
An eRegistry approach works best for programmatic areas that are guideline driven. The health worker would typically capture client health information at the point-of-care, during patient interaction, on an electronic device (phone/tablets/computer). The systematic, uniform and longitudinally entered data forms an online health record that can seamlessly exchange real-time information and drive digital health interventions. The interventions are customized to each unique setting according to the burden of disease, guidelines, finances, infrastructure and human resources.
What does that mean for health workers?
- Client identification and registration - Unique ID
- Client health records - Longitudinal tracking and management of records
- Health worker decision support - Interactive checklists, prompts and alerts
- Health worker communication - Transmit key info and performance feedback
- Referral coordination - Manage referrals within the health sector
- Health worker activity planning and scheduling - Identify clients and activities
- Health worker training - Provide training content
What does that mean for public health system managers and data services?
- Human resource management - List health workforce cadres and training
- Facility management - List health facilities
- Data collection, management and use - Storage and automated analyses
- Data coding - Curate coded datasets and classifications
What does that mean for clients?
- Targeted client communication - Tailored health information, appointment reminders, and alerts
An eRegistry is more than just collecting health data on computers, tablets or mobile phones; more than just a database of health information; and more than just a filing cabinet of medical records. An eRegistry approach ensures that critical data is always available to the person who needs it, when they need it.