Get alerts of updates about «Ofatumumab for the treatment of relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
About this publication
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health (NIPH) have conducted a rapid health technology assessment (HTA) of ofatumumab to treat of adults with relapsing remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) on behalf of the Commissioning Forum. The evaluation was performed based on the decision model in the full HTA, previously published of NIPH, of disease modifying treatments for RRMS. The model was further updated based on the data for ofatumumab.
Ofatumumab is a fully human anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody and is administered as a subcutaneous injection. The results of our analyses showed that:
- Rituximab is the most cost-effective treatment among anti-CD20 drugs, based on current tender prices.
- Ocrelizumab (maximum price) is both more expensive and more effective than rituximab and cladribine (current tender prices).
- Ocrelizumab costs NOK xxxxxxxx per quality-adjusted life year (QALY) gained compared with rituximab and cladribine with a packing dose of NOK xxxxxxxx (xxxx reduction in drug costs) and NOK xxxxxxxx (xxxx reduction in drug costs), respectively.
- Ofatumumab is not yet markedet in Norway. Given the same health benefit and average annual drug cost (maximum price) as ocrelizumab, ofatumumab is both more expensive and more effective compared with rituximab and cladribine.
- Given the same health benefit and annual drug cost (maximum price) as ocrelizumab, ofatumumab costs NOK xxxxxxxx per QALY compared with rituximab and cladribine with a price reduction of xxxx and xxxx, respectively.
- A price offer of NOK xxxxxxxx (incl. VAT) per 20 mg ofatumumab gives an additional cost of NOK xxxxxxxx per QALY compared with rituximab.
- A price offer of NOK xxxxxxxx (incl. VAT) per 20 mg ofatumumab provides more health benefits and is less expensive than cladribine.
Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis is a very severe disease that can cause serious disability and a loss of healthy life-years.
Due to confidentiality clauses, numbers are hidden (xxxxx).