The Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services has on behalf of Oslo University Hospital and Ålesund Hospital searched for publications on interventions in the management of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents.
We performed a systematic search in various medical databases for systematic reviews in June 2012. Two authors screened the identified references for relevance in accordance with the inclusion criteria.
We identified 1673 references in total. Of these 176 were considered potentially relevant. We arranged the references into groups:
- Combination of several interventions
- Lifestyle interventions:
- Primary and secondary prevention
- School or community based interventions
- Combination of several lifestyle interventions
- Dietary interventions
- Physical activity interventions
- Behavioural therapy interventions
- Family based interventions
- Weight loss drugs
- Bariatric surgery
- Cost-effectiveness/economic evaluations