The Norwegian Knowledge Centre for Health Services (NOKC) was commissioned by Sykehuset Innlandet HF to do a systematic search for studies reporting on the effect of early (1 to 7 days postoperative) physiotherapy following hip arthroplasty.
- Systematic searches were performed in MEDLINE, EMBASE, Amed, PEDro, OT-Seeker and the Cochrane Library (Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, CENTRAL, DARE, HTA)
- A total of 966 references were identified
- 43 references were considered relevant following screening of titles and abstract
- 18 of the 43 references were systematic reviews
- 25 of the 43 references were randomized controlled studies