Get alerts of updates about «When you shall take a coronavirus test»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
When you shall take a coronavirus test - advice for positive and negative test results
Skip to content on this page
If you use a self-test that has not been issued by the public sector, it is recommended to use a test that is CE-IVD-marked that can be bought at a pharmacy. For all antigen tests, the reliability of results depends on the test being taken correctly, and that the instructions for use are followed carefully when the sample is analysed and read. It is important to note that the test must not used after the expiry date and that the temperature indication during storage and use is followed.
The tests do not tolerate frost, and must be at room temperature before they are used.
Contact a doctor if you become ill or need medical help while waiting for an answer.
If you have a positive COVID-19 test result
- You must be in isolation, regardless of testing method.
- You should inform your close contacts as soon as possible, including your kindergarden, school and leisure activities.
- Those you live with and others similarly close such as your girlfriend/boyfriend, best friend or overnight visitors are subject to quarantine. Those who have undergone covid-19 in the last 3 months and those who have received a booster dose more than 1 week ago are exempt from quarantine.
- Your other close contacts are recommended to be tested on days 3 and 5 after the last contact.
- If you need assistance, you can contact the municipality's infection detection team.
- If you have taken a positive self-test at home, you should confirm this at a test station so that the result can be registered.
- Your close contacts are those you know you have been closer to than two metres for more than 15 minutes, or have had direct physical contact with in the period from 48 hours before you developed symptoms and until you isolated yourself. If you have no symptoms, the time from the sample was taken is calculated. For more information, see When you are a close contact
- If you have installed the Smittestopp app, we encourage you to notify the app that you are infected, if this has been confirmed by a test at a municipality test centre.
If you have a negative COVID-19 test result
- Stay at home until you feel better, the symptoms are in decline and you have been fever-free for 24 hours. Mild residual symptoms such as a runny nose, mucus, hoarseness and some coughing are fine.
- With vague symptoms, you can go to school/work on the same day, but if you feel worse/ have more obvious symptoms, you should go home and consider taking another test. Employees in the health and care services should follow the advice here: Bruk av personlig beskyttelsesutstyr ved normal hverdag med økt beredskap
- In case of more severe or persistent symptoms, consult a doctor.
- If you have tested yourself as a close contact, you should continue to follow the advice for When you are a close contact