Get alerts of updates about «New postdoc position in population-based research on social values and fertility behavior»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
Oops, something went wrong...
... contact email@example.com.
... reload the page and try again-
New postdoc position in population-based research on social values and fertility behavior
A 3-year postdoc position is available at the Centre for Fertility and Health at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health. As a postdoctoral researcher in the Centre you will be part of a multidisciplinary research team consisting of experts in demography, statistics, medicine and genetics. The Centre has extensive collaborations with national and international research groups.
The candidate hired in this position will examine the interplay between social values, expectations, biological capacities, life styles and a series of contextual and personal variables in relation to reproductive behavior and fertility. The new measures proposed include data on social values derived from rich administrative registries, including surname-choices, religious affiliation as well as relevant information from surveys. In particular, the follow-up of more than 100 000 children, now aged 11-21 years, in the Norwegian Mother, Father and Child Cohort Study (MoBa) is a central component of the project.
A key aim is to study what factors influence fertility and life choices in young adults, and reveal how personal values, beliefs and social structure is related to reproduction (including timing of first childbearing, childbearing spacing, breastfeeding duration), abortion, education, partnership dynamics, health and labour market behaviour. We will also assess how these factors are linked to own health and lifestyle-related health-related factors, as well as the interplay between social background, family, health and own fertility. The postdoc will have the opportunity to influence research topics within the frame of the main aims. Some traveling should be expected, and there are possibilities for research visits abroad during the postdoc period.
- Contribute actively in the drafting of the postdoc project plan.
- Conduct statistical analyses of population-based data.
- Write and publish scientific papers in international peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Present results at meetings and conferences.
- Collaborate and communicate with a larger network of researchers.
- PhD in economics, demography, medicine, statistics, epidemiology, social sciences or other relevant fields.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with data processing and quantitative analyses.
- Experience with the analysis of large data sets is an advantage.
- Competence in relevant statistics programs such as R or STATA is an advantage.
- Results oriented and being able to work independently.
- Innovative, flexible, with great working capacity and teamwork skills.
- Personal suitability will be considered.
- An interesting job with varied tasks in an active and engaging research environment.
- The opportunity to work on population-based data sets and with researchers that are world-class.
- The opportunity for professional advancement and development of an independent research profile.
- An employer with a great societal responsibility who plays an important role in the health and welfare of the Norwegian population.
- A three-year temporary position as a postdoc. Salary by agreement, within the state's wage regulation
- Favorable pension schemes, mortgages and insurance schemes in the Government Pension Fund of Norway
- Good welfare schemes.
- Flexible working times.
- The start date will be decided together with the candidate.