Get alerts of updates about «About the Biobank at NIPH»
You have subscribed to alerts about:
About the Biobank at NIPH
What can the Biobank offer?
- Practical planning and design of your study
- Sample processing of material including IT-solutions and a well established biobank information system
- Storage of material at different temperatures – minus 20oC, minus 80oC and minus 150oC.
- Efficient retrieval of material, both manual and automated
- Advice on choice of storage media and other tips for optimal results
As well as whole blood, plasma, DNA, RNA and urine, the Biobank can handle other diverse samples such as serum, faeces, breast milk – to discuss storage of these or other sample types, please contact the Biobank.
The Biobank has well-established routines and back-up facilities to ensure the safe storage and processing of biological samples and achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification in 2014, valid for the scope “Receiving, processing, storage and retrieval of biological material.” In 2017 the Biobank was recertified according to the ISO 9001:2015 standard. In 2020 we discontinued this certification in order to work towards the ISO20387 accreditation, which is specific for biobanks. All equipment is regularly maintained for optimal performance.
We also have a continuous quality control program of long-term stored urine and plasma, as well as DNA and RNA collected in MoBa.
- Biospecimen quality program in the biobank of the Norwegian Institute of Public Health - Paltiel et al (pdf)
- Quality policy (pdf)
All our employees have technical or academic background in areas such as chemistry, biochemistry and microbiology.
This short film explains what the Biobank does (click on the Watch button):