Statistics banks with indicators
Indicators for public health can be found in the Norhealth and Municipal Health statistics banks. The indicators are standardised so that geographical areas and trends over time can be followed.
- Statistics for municipalities and districts in the largest cities: Municipal health statistics bank (indicators in Norwegian)
- Statistics for Norway and by county: Norhealth statistics bank (Norwegian website)
Data in the statistics banks are provided by health registries and health studies both within and outside the Norwegian Institute of Public Health, and Statistics Norway.
The Norwegian Institute of Public Health uses the statistics banks with indicators to create the public health profiles for municipalities and for figures and tables in the Public Health Report. The statistics bank are updated regularly.
Statistics banks from health registries
Data from some of the registries are available from specialised statistics banks, although some of the indicators are only available in Norwegian.
- Norwegian Surveillance System for Communicable Diseases (MSIS) statistics bank
- Norwegian Prescription Database - statistics over prescription drugs dispensed at a pharmacy
- Wholesaler-based drug statistics. See: www.drugconsumption.no
- Vaccination: Norwegian Immunisation Registry SYSVAK - find figures in Norhealth